Monday, March 25, 2013
Festival fashion isn't just for the cutoff, crop top and heavy spiked crowd. Find your inner boho babe in pieces that will rock on and off the festival grounds. With flirty and feminine dresses in pastel hued prints along with simple tees and flower power shorts you'll find the perfect middle ground between edgy muCHICal fashion and sweet summery styles. Look no further than Chicago's "one stop shop", Art Effect, for the perfect mini-to-maxi dresses and summer ready accessories this festival season.
Shop Festival Frills:
1) This sweet&strapless pastel hued mini dress is the perfect signature dress that will look pitch perfect with a braided leather belt and flat fringed sandals.
Strapless Print Bustier Dress by MM Couture, $88, available at Art Effect
2) The boxy silhouette of this bright floral mini dress is perfect for staying comfortable at cool while indulging in drinks, food and music this season.
Floral Shift Dress by Black Sheep, $70, available at Art Effect
3) A floor length maxi is the quintessential hippie chic style for festival season and the boat neck shape with a tucked-in waist is a refreshing departure from skin baring styles.
Regal Print Maxi Dress by MM Couture, $108, available at Art Effect
4) Take iconic imagery like the Ferris wheel at Coachella and add it to a free flowing summer dress for a statement making look that is a literal take on festival fashion.
Photo Print High-Low Surplice Dress by Plenty by Tracy Reese, $278, available at Art Effect
5) A bright hued cross-body satchel is a must-have for outdoor festivals.
Lemon Yellow West Broadway Satchel by IIIBeCa, $198, available at Art Effect
6) A simple white tee is a must-have for pairing with some custom cutoffs and this semi-sheer style is super versatile since it can be paired with a printed bikini or bralette without showing too much skin.
White Slub V-Neck Tee by Michael Stars, $50, available at Art Effect
7) Studded cutoffs don't need to be heavy handed. These fun and floral hand cut, distressed and embellished shorts are a simple way to standout while still keeping a bit of femininity.
Floral Studded Shorts by 312style, $39, available at Etsy
8) A psychedelic pouch with a cheeky quote is perfect for storing festival essentials without lugging around your everyday tote.
Can't Buy Me Love Coin Purse, $5, available at Art Effect
9) Share a little Illinois love with this cute little recycled sterling silver necklace.
Illinois Silver Charm Necklace by Dogeared, $48, available at Art Effect
10) A candy coated pop of pink make these simple shades standout.
Strawberry Cupcake Sunglasses by A.J. Morgan. $20, available at Art Effect
P.S. If you're in Chicago be sure to check out Art Effect in person at 934 West Armitage!
xoxo ~ Lisa + 312style