Houndstooth (houndz-tooth): A duotone textile pattern, characterized by broken checks or abstract four-pointed shapes, often in black and white, although other colours are used.
A classic pattern that will never go out of style a houndstooth pattern can add sophistication and a slight masculine touch to your wardrobe. Usually seen in a small-scale black and white colorway this pattern can also be modernized when used in a large scale or two contrasting brights (instead of the classic black and white). The perfect pattern for mixing prints the classic black and white houndstooth will become the supporting role against a statement making print. Seen in accessories and separates you can add a dash of houndstooth or a large quantity to keep your fall style in check.
Now that you're a houndstooth expert check out my picks above and add a timeless pattern to your wardrobe this fall. Welcome to the PRINTSiples of Fashion.
1) VAL Houndstooth Laceup Brogues by Topshop, $56, available at Topshop
2) PATCHI Heel High Shoe by Asos, $78, available at Asos
3) Devan Houndstooth Chiffon Blouse by Equipment, $218, available at Revolve Clothing
4) Carmen Mini Camera Bag by See by Chloe, $350, available at Shopbop
5) Double-Breasted Cape by Robert Rodriguez, $695, available at Saks
6) Sequin Houndstooth Skirt by Asos, $95, available at Asos
xoxo ~ Lisa + 312style
Definition via dictionary.com
images via topshop.com, asos.com, revolveclothing.com, shopbop.com and saks.com